Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It Wasn't Easy, But We Have Tickets in Hand

I went to pick up our tickets today. As none of them were purchased under my name, I had to jump through a few hoops to do it. First, I posed as my sister and presented her driver's license to pick up her tickets. The woman looked up the order and told me those tickets had already been printed. After a great deal of back and forth (where I often forgot I was supposed to be Jenn) we finally found a note on the account that said, "OK to reprint. Fed-Ex delivery cancelled." Whew!

Then I had to go to another area to pick-up the tickets purchased as part of a local's pass under a friend's name. I had a signed note with a photocopy of his driver's license giving me permission to pick them up. The first person I talked to said they are not releasing tickets to people with notes until tomorrow and that I needed two more pieces of documentation in order to pick them up. I left dejected and called my sister. She said she could produce one of the documents, but not the other.

I decided to go back and find out what my options were without that third piece of documentation. I waited in line (again) and talked to another representative. She looked at my note, said everything was in order and got me the tickets. The passes also came with two creditial passes (access to the music venues, panel discussions and other non-movie events), a keepsake film guide and a water bottle. I am so glad I decided to go back!

I'm watching the news as I type this and they are predicting lots of snow in the mountains over the next three days. It sounds like the worst of it will hit Southern and Eastern Utah, so I'm hoping Jois and Dede have no trouble getting over the pass tomorrow night. On a positive note, this is the warmest I have ever been in Park City in January.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A lot of not quite illegal possible identify theft actions. Whatever it takes to get to the theatre. NAnci